Saturday, June 20, 2009

Faithful in small things

So I had a thought this morning. It went something like this: "God, show me what You want me to do, and I'll do it." Okay, fair enough. But then I didn't have a flash of inspiration about some great calling or a vision of some glamorous work. Instead, it came in a still small voice: "Haven't I asked you to serve me humbly and contentedly where you are, to love people sacrificially, even when they don't love you back, and to love Me with all your heart, mind, and strength?"
You see, "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?" (Luke 16:10-11, NIV) In the same way, God wants to make us faithful in the little things, the un-glamorous and un-fun things, before he uses us to do big and awesome things.

No comments:

Post a Comment